Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Asian Shrimp and Quinoa

So the picture of this recipe is not so great, but the taste is delicious!  I guess I need to work on my food picture taking.... any tips would be helpful.  However, try the recipe and you will be pleasantly surprised!

1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. Apricot preserves
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 c. water
1 package garlic flavored quinoa (or use regular quinoa)
1 3/4 cup broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts chopped  (I didn't have carrots or water chestnuts, so I used mushrooms and brussel sprouts. I also used frozen veggies, steamed them in the microwave and then added them)
1 1/4 lbs of shrimp (I used on bag of medium shrimp that was on sale, use whatever you can get cheaply)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Combine the first eight ingredients in a small bowl. 
In a sauce pan on the stove combine the water and the quinoa.  Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed. 
While the quinoa is cooking, put the shrimp on a cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 8-10 minutes until pink.
Remove the quinoa from the heat, add the vegetables, shrimp and dressing. 
Serve warm and enjoy!

If you had a grill you could also grill the shrimp, but since I don't I had to bake them... if you grill them, let me know please!

No comments:

Post a Comment